About the conference
The conference of the Nuclear Society of Slovenia is an international annual meeting of professionals dealing
with different aspects of nuclear energy from all around Europe and worldwide.
The primary objective of the meeting is to foster international cooperation amongst professionals active in
nuclear research and educational institutions, nuclear vendors, utilities and regulatory bodies.
The leading theme of the conference will be
Sustainable Future through Nuclear Energy, Research and Education.
The language of the conference is English.
The following topics will be discussed during the conference:
- Reactor physics, fuel cycle and research reactors
- Radiation and environment protection
- Thermal-hydraulics and computational fluid dynamics
- Safety analyses
- Severe accidents
- Probabilistic safety assessment
- Nuclear power plant operation
- Materials in nuclear technology
- Ageing and plant life management
- Advances in nuclear technology
- Emerging nuclear power plant designs
- Nuclear fusion and plasma technology
- Education and training
- Public relations
- Waste management and decommissioning
- Regulatory issues and legislation
- Sustainability of nuclear energy
- Other related topics
The preliminary program will be announced in July 2017.