All participants are cordially invited to all social activities and other special events.
Conference trip: A visit to the Lipica Stud Farm
a guided tour (in English) and
the program “Whisperer” – contact with the horses
The outstandingness of the Lipica Stud Farm in the field of cultural and natural heritage is based on the following facts:
- It is the original stud farm of one of the oldest cultural horse breeds – the Lipizzan horse breed,
- It is the oldest European stud farm breeding a single breed of horse,
- Its area is the only micro location ensuring optimum conditions for top breeding of Lipizzan horses,
- It presents a unique atmosphere with individual elements – spatial arrangement, architectural core and cultural landscape which were formed exclusively for the purpose of the basic, original activity – breeding of Lipizzan horses,
- It has an exceptional development potential in the sense of preserving top breeding of Lipizzan horses worldwide,
- Its development has an outstanding importance for the international reputation of Slovenia,
- Protected values of cultural landscape and architectural heritage of the Lipica Stud Farm have a permanent and exclusive function of the original activity of the stud farm – horse breeding and riding.
The Republic of Slovenia is committed to acknowledging the international status of the stud farm as a horse breeding organisation holding the original studbook for the Lipizzan horse.
Further information about other social activities will be published in due course.